Friday, January 20, 2012

"Adventure is Out There!"

"Oh the places you'll go,
 today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
so get on your way!"
-Dr. Seuss

T-minus four and a half hours until I embark on my twenty hour plane ride (including layovers, so it's really not that bad).

Even though it's so close, I still don't feel like I'm leaving for four months, it's an interesting feeling that can't quite be explained.  I'm excited to be in Jordan, and if I'm being honest, I'm also nervous, but the sadness hasn't hit me yet.  I'm expecting nostalgia to set in after I've been there for a few weeks and the euphoria has worn off.  So, for right now I'm completely ready to leave and begin a new adventure! (As one of my favorite pixar movies, 'UP', puts it...."adventure is out there!")

I was finally able to pack everything into one 50lb. suitcase and my backpack, and it's not like I wasted till the last minute or anything.  If you know me at all, you know that I'm both a procrastinator and I'm usually incapable of packing light.  However, though I may still be a procrastinator, I think I did pretty well on the packing part.... Now if only I could look like the woman to the left when I travel haha

No comments:

Post a Comment